Memorable Monday - Kicking off 2016
It still feels weird to think we're actually in 2016! This past week was a bit more packed for us and by the mess in our house, you can totally tell! We haven't even unpacked from our trip last week that was shared on the previous Memorable Monday post. The clean dishes are still sitting in the dishwasher and the upstairs carpet desperately needs a good vacuum!
- Going back to the gym after taking a week off is brutal!! Not that we didn't exercise or do active things on vacation, it's just that nothing will compare to a Crossfit workout!! We have been sore almost all week!
- I'm back into a cooking routine. Our bodies were craving more nutrient dense foods and having more home cooked meals! We ate out a lot on vacation.
- Tuesday called for a lunch double date with Stephen's sister and her boyfriend before they returned home to Panama. We have absolutely loved getting to know Jovanni over Christmas break and think he's the perfect addition to the Diaz family!
- I went through and culled some of our favorite wedding portraits and jaw dropping details from this past wedding season. Sometimes after delivering wedding after wedding and seeing our work over and over, we loose sight of the progress made as a photographer. Looking through hundreds of photos made me proud of our work and progression! And even more grateful for the many TréCreative brides and grooms who have invested in our work over the years and supported us as a couple along the way!
- We shot our first photography wedding of the 2016 season! It was more challenging wedding for us as photographers. The couple had planned for a ceremony time around sunset and opted not do a first look so we did all their portraits in the dark. Using lots of flash and other lighting techniques for portraits is not usually our style. It stretched us as artists and made us think on our feet to achieve the shots we wanted to capture. We absolutely loved our couple and thought this was the perfect wedding to start our season off with. The day couldn't have run smoother and we can't wait to share with you some of the portraits we created and the amazing details from this elegant Bay Area wedding.
- We spent a small portion of our week preparing for the Chico Bridal Show that happened on Sunday. This year, we decided to only have our photo booth, the TreBooth, in the show and we're so glad we did! With an out of town wedding the day before, it would have been stressful to get everything ready in time if we had a booth for TréCreative again. The TreBooth is our newest business adventure and so far our couples and their wedding guests have loved it! Stephen is the mastermind behind the props and getting this side of our business up and running.
- We are continuing to work on our 2016 goals and announcing something later this week that will continue to push us in that direction, stay tuned!