Pursuit Conference 2015 Re-Cap
Well last week was simply incredible!! I headed to Rome, GA for the 2015 Pursuit Conference and Stephen held down the fort back home in California. This was my second time attending and each year God has done something different in my heart. Last year, Stephen tagged along with me and was the videographer for the week. You can check out last year's video Stephen made to give you a glimpse of the conference. I'm sure Stephen would tell you his introvert time alone during the week was amazing and I'm so happy he had the whole week to himself!
It's really hard to sum up what the Pursuit Conference is in a few paragraphs! To give you a basic summary, it's a Christian women's conference for creatives. That ranges from bloggers, photographers, florists, event planners, calligraphers, etc. I know I blabbed Stephen's ear off when he picked me up from the airport, but it was hard to summarize everything I had taken away from the conference this year. I'm still in process, still thinking about everything I learned, thats for sure!
I could talk for hours about this conference, about the women behind the team who make it happen each year, or about how much I love "Southern Hospitality". I could write pages and pages about my time there but I will spare you and if you'd like to hear more I would be glad to share! I wanted to include some of the highlights and "take-aways" from my week!
1. I want a life that feels more like living and less like drowning. I think sometimes we wear busyness like a badge of honor, but really we're so desperate for a break and in need of rest. I don't ever want to be doing too much or saying yes to everything that I miss out on what's right in front of me. I want to say yes to the things that are the very best for our marriage, family and business.
2. It's okay to say no to great opportunities. This one piggybacks on what I mentioned above but it is totally ringing true right now and I'm growing in this area for sure. I don't need to say yes to every opportunity that comes our way. Pick and choose the very best of the best opportunities. Say no for the greater yes.
3. This business isn't mine, it's God's and he can manage it way better than we can! I say this and I know this, but sometimes I loose sight of the fact that everything we have is because of God's provision and blessing. I need to rely more on Jesus for my strength and direction in life and business.
4. "Competition focus" is all about me, "Kingdom focus" is all about Him. Man sometimes this is so hard for me! I want to cheer others on and see their businesses have favor. But sometimes I have a little voice of jealously and resentment in my head. This is nasty stuff and totally robs me of joy! I don't want to focus on me, I want to always be loving others!
5. Contentment is a place of being. I'll admit, I'm a spender. I have a hard time making a budget and sticking to it. I often like to blame it on the fact that one of my love languages is gifts, but that doesn't mean every gift have to be super expensive or extravagant. It's the thought that counts. I need to be more content with what I have in front of me!
Here are some of the few sweet ladies I spent the week with... if only they lived closer to California! Until next time :)