Memorable Monday - Santa Rosa Winery
The middle of last week took an unfortunate turn and taught us a lot about slowing down!
On Tuesday evening Stephen and I started feeling really sick. Like head cold, stomach upset, super tired kinda sick. For any small business owner, getting sick really put a halt to our to-do list and everything we wanted to accomplish last week. We needed to put our health as our number one priority before our wedding on Saturday. That was easier said than done. I still managed to blog and upload a wedding, but it was really hard to force ourselves to slow down more and rest! Luckily, by Friday afternoon we were feeling 100% better and by Saturday on our wedding day, we had all our energy back which was our main goal.
- You can probably tell from the blog and our Instagram, we've had many San Francisco and Napa weddings this month. We've been spending a lot of time together in our Element listening to lots of podcasts. We always seem to listen to This American Life, Dave Ramsey, Snap Judgement just to name a few.
- Last year, we decided that when we're traveling we were going to invest in a mobile internet hotspot subscription. We're often traveling down the day before weddings in the afternoon. The hotspot allows us to answer emails on the road or even finishing blogging. Definitely check out investing in one if you're on the road often!
- On Monday we headed to a new location in the Bay Area for an engagement session! This is one of our favorites and we can't wait to show it to you!
- We learned there is such a thing as taking too much Vitamin C. In our efforts to get better quickly, it seemed like all we ate last week was soup and Vitamin C. After getting over being sick, our stomach's hurt throughout the day from taking too many vitamins. Lesson learned, we won't ever take that much again!
- Saturday's wedding was spent in Healdsburg, just down the street from where my grandparents used to live. The wedding was beautiful and overlooked the mountains with rolling vineyards! Stay tuned for a full blog post coming soon!